Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 5th - Muir Pass

Early this morning I woke and was going to get up when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye.  I put on my glasses and saw a deer just 10 feet in front of my tent.  I watched for five minutes before I must have made a noise and scared him.  Too dark to take a good picture.  Very nice climb up Muir Pass and had a great time at the summit cabin.  No wind, warm, and lots of hikers chatting and surrounded by snowy mountains and views. Crossed a small snow field on the way to the summit.  And the hike down through Evolution Basin was wonderful  Sitting on the grass by Evolution Lake in the sun was great.  Evolution creek crossing was easy but the first to need me to remove my boots.  Stopped at McClure Meadow ranger station to chat and get directions to the hot springs at Muir Ranch.  The metal stay on my pack started poking through so I repaired it in camp.  My boots are starting to show wear after all the rough side hikes over boulders.  Plan to get new ones in Mammoth.  Met up with Baboon and Spins again today.






No comments:

Post a Comment