Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sat, 24Aug - McDonald Pass and the Frenchwoman

Slept in and broke camp at 10am.  I'm liking this relaxed pace.  Mostly forested hills alternating on jeep roads and nice trail.  Nice view at McDonald Pass Vista. At the pass is a historic marker about the pass and a frenchwoman that served hearty meals at an inn for travelers.  Oh, if only she was still here!

I hiked over to the pay campground and got water then camped above the old campground site which is now labeled group camping but is overgrown.  It does have an outhouse which had toilet paper so I figure its really not free as yogi states.  I stealth camped outside on the hill above since it was clearly labeled group camp site even if it looked unused.  My last hitch into a town on the trail in the morning.  Helena here I come.


No comments:

Post a Comment