Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Aug 22nd - Hyatt Lake

A late start but I did eat some oatmeal and coffee.  No energy but feeling better then yesterday.  Yesterday I skipped the side trail to Pilot Rock.  Today I skipped the one to Hobart Bluff.  Not like me at all.  I almost turned around to go out to Hobart Bluff but I had no energy.  I decided I needed to admit I cannot make the miles I thought to meet up with Sybille where we planned.  

Saw a rattlesnake on the trail and some nice views.  I stayed at Hyatt Lake campground which was a very nice spot and they only charge PCT hikers $2.00.  Shared a picnic table and campsite with a 70 years young women and we had some fun conversations at dinner.  Hot shower, cleaned my clothes, and had a supper of rice and potato soup which stayed down.  Hoping I'm over the worst of this giardia.  Charged my phone in the bathroom.  I also noticed after my shower that I had lost my baby toenail.  I didn't even feel it.  My feet are feeling good since my new shoes in Mammoth. 
Pilot Rock


Rattlesnake
 

No comments:

Post a Comment