Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Aug 21st - Giardia

Well, didn't make it far today.  Left around 10am from Callahan's but I had no energy.  Had to stop every mile or two to rest.  Didn't want to eat or drink, but was dehydrated.  Drinking just gurgled in the pipes without having to pee.  At one point I was laying on the side of the trail and a hiker asked if I was still alive.  Camped early at a nice spring at 3pm because I was worried about hiking while dehydrated.  Could not bring myself to eat anything for dinner and slept from 4pm till almost 9am.  That is with the exception of getting up with diarrhea.  I camped near another hiker who said he was sick for 7 days and had just spent four days in Ashland recovering.  So, I guess I'm not alone.  Still, it's my first sick day on an adventure that has nothing but fantastic days so I'm not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment