Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sat, 15 June - Mt Hope Pass and down to Twin Lakes

Steep climb up to Mt Hope Pass.  Passed on old shelter on the way. At the pass ii attempted a climb toward the summit of Mt Hope but I didn't find a trail and the approach was sketchy.  I chickened out.  It looks like it might be more approachable from the north arm.
Still fantastic views!  

From after the lip of the pass it was snow free and I made the decent down to Twin Lakes.  A jogger said the ford at the lake was swift but easy.  Yah, right.  I found a broad sandbar and made the cold and swiftly moving water crossing with water up to almost my hip belt.  Then more small streams all the way to the road.  

I meet my nephew David from Aspen as he mountain biked around the lake and we had a few beers at the general store with a few other hikers.

Spent the night in Snowmass Village at David's and we went out for wings and pitchers of beer at the bar while watching the hockey playoffs.









No comments:

Post a Comment