Thursday, July 11, 2013

Fri, 5 July - Dumont Lake

Had a great time with a small group of us at the hotel watching the fireworks and playing with sparklers on the 4th of July.   Found a place for pizza and beer at midnight.  On the way out of town Friday I saw a Sandra Bullet movie, Heat, with a bucket of popcorn of course.  After the movie the sky opened and it poured rain so I hung out till it cleared and then hitched back to the trail.  Finally got a ride from a really nice women with her 3 year old daughter.  She said she mountain bikes the next section of the CDT and went way out of her way to drive me back to the trail.  Many thanks!   It was late so I camped as soon as I got past Dumont Lake among the killer mosquitoes.  Lots of piles inches thick of hail along the trail left from the storm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment