Friday, May 3, 2013

Sat, 27Apr2013 - Cliff Dwellings and Middle Gila

Another short but fantastic day. Packed up early but couldn't help jumping in the hot springs again on the way out of camp. Four miles or so to the Gila Cliff Dwellings start. What a great place. About a mile loop including hiking inside several cliff dwellings. On the way out I stopped at lower scorpion campground and did a side trail out to another small cliff dwelling and some rock drawings.

Hiked back to the Middle Fork of the Gila River using the Little Bear Canyon Trail which was really nice and had a neat slot canyon section. Back on the Gila River I made another 15 river fords and met the largest rattlesnake I have seen ever. Lots of noise so I gave him lots of room so not any close up picture on this one. The Jordon Hot Spring was really nice more warm then hot and I soaked with a few others for four hours. Lots of people because its Saturday and I yogied some whiskey and vodka. :) Woke in the middle of the night when a dog was poking around my camp and climbed over me - thought it was a bear!










No comments:

Post a Comment