Friday, June 1, 2012

Fri, June 1st - The Trail Town of Idyllwild

Great sunset and sunrise from the tower.  Hiked into Idyllwild for my first town stop and resupply since starting the trail ten days ago.  This morning I met the lookout tower caretaker, saw my first snow (a 20 foot long patch that was 3 feet deep in spots.), and lots of friendly day hikers from Idyllwild.  A women and her two kids turned around and came back up the road when they saw me and offered me a ride into town.  I debated staying at the campground but decided to splurge on a room.  Showered and laundry is done so I walked through town and found member appreciation day at the grocery store.  Free hot dogs, chip, chili, and $1 beers.  Soon as I finish at the library I'm heading back for a beer.  All you can eat ribs in town is next for dinner, and a pancake breakfast is planned in the town center on Saturday.  Life really is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment