Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wed, 24Apr2013 - Bear Creek

The new trail angel, Gregor, in Silver City put me up for the night and we had steak and grilled veggi's! Neat guy going to school for biology and heavy into beer making. Enjoyed his dark stout. Met Golden Ray, from the PCT here. I also met Peru and Radar, from the AT. They are staying in town.

Gregor dropped me back in town this morning so I could say goodbye to Peru and hike out the purple route, true CDT, from town. After breakfast in the Internet cafe I hiked the longer route out around Bear Mtn because it had more views and trail walking instead of all roads. Met Thresher heading south. Then I broke away from the official CDT and started the Gila River Route. Camping beside the Bear Creek. I real stream to soak your feet in!

No comments:

Post a Comment