Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 2: Old Hachita Ghost Town

Hiked through a herd of deer. Lots of lone cows keep surprising me. First thought is always "moose"? Lots of coyote signs and stay deer bones. Do coyote hunt deer? There was no trail in the morning just cairns or post. I rest right of them that were down. I think there is a cow conspiracy to knock them down. Really! I looked in the eyes of one cow and I swear I heard his voice in my head. "I know what you did with my brother and I know you are heading to Lordsburg to eat him at McDonalds, aren't you?"

The trail got easier and better marked after lunch. Saw a rabbit and then several giant jackrabbits big enough to put a saddle on. Headed off trail to see the old hornet mine then headed cross country to check out the old ghost town and several abandoned mines. I'm going to spend the night sleeping in the Old Hatchita ghost town!






No comments:

Post a Comment