Thursday, September 7, 2023

Sep 7, 2023 - Day 9 on the SHT (Boney's Meadow and Caribou River Falls)

Interesting change in terrain today as I hiked past Boney's Meadow and lots of creeks and ponds.



Fall colors are starting.

Passed by the East Caribou River campsite.  It's a wonderful spot but just got word there is a 100-mile trail run tomorrow and it's still early.   I want to get farther south to avoid the runners.  But first, I dropped my pack and headed downstream to check out the side trail to the Caribou Falls overlooks.







Continuing on to the next campsite I came to the overlooked overlook.  A little tired but I didn't want to miss any side views so I took this spur trail to the overlook.  I certainly should have overlooked this one.   Overgrown with no views and a long way for nothing. LoL.  Camping at Horseshoe Ridge Campsite. 



No comments:

Post a Comment