Saturday, September 2, 2023

Sep 2, 2023 - Day 4 on the SHT (Devil Track River and Pincushion Mountain)

Wildflower Hill, which as one would expect was covered in wildflowers, had a great ridge-walk view of Lake Superior!


Lot's of outlooks today including Barrier Falls and the Devil Track River



Pincushion Mountain and overlooks were filled with Labor day weekend hikers.




Then dropping down toward Grand Marais.  I opted out of hitching to town since I had food for another few days.   I ended up at North Bally Creek Pond to camp which, I must say, had a terrible pond water source.   I ended up wadding into the middle of the pond to get a clean scoop of water to filter.   Should of grabbed water at the beaver pond a 1/2 mile before but thought the campsite would be better.






No comments:

Post a Comment