Sunday, September 3, 2023

Sep 3, 2023 - Day 5 on the SHT (Cascade River State Park and Lookout Mtn)

Hiking to the Cascade River I was distracted by the many waterfalls and ended up on the Cascade River Loop trail.  Looking at the map I decided to keep on the trail instead backtracking a 1/4 mile as it hugged the amazing river's gorge and paralleled the main SHT.  It basically makes a up and back loop from Cascade River State Park on both sides of the river.   This of course required me to ford the river to rejoin the main SHT.   And we all know I love river fording challenges.  




After reconnecting to the SHT I made the climb to Lookout Mountain.



This bridge looked in good shape and the caution tape was well trampled so risk it I did.


Jerry Evjen's Overlook


Camping at Spruce Creek Camp.   I had planned to hike to the next site but I meet a section hiker "T" while filtering water here.   He said the next camp was a stagnant pond so we opted for this wonderful cool cascade to camp tonight.  




No comments:

Post a Comment