Monday, September 18, 2023

Sep 18, 2023 - Day 20 on the SHT (The Wisconsin Border - Southern Terminus of the SHT)

It was a surprisingly long 0.3 miles to the southern terminus from camp.   I think they lied.  And some ups and downs but a pretty woods walk.   After a few pictures I headed back the few miles north to a major road and walked a few miles before getting a ride north to a local bus stop that got me all the way to the central bus station in Duluth.   My bus back to the church-cabin in the Upper Peninsula didn't leave till late, so I got to spend the day around Canal park enjoying the sunshine along the lake and enjoying a beer, lunch, and dinner.   The bus got me back to Wakefield MI around 10pm.  A few mile walk to the church-cabin turned into another sort of adventure as the night sky lite up with the glowing northern lights.  A fitting end to my Superior Hiking Trail Thru-hike Adventure!

PaPa Smurf (SoBo SHT)





No comments:

Post a Comment