Friday, September 13, 2024

Sep 13, 2024 -- Sierra High Route, Day 14 (Reds Meadow)

Great views through the windows on the Crest and from Mammoth Pass.  The pumice like talc sand on the hike down from the pass to Reds Meadow was ridiculous.  Emptied my boots many times but still got blisters on my big toe.  14days without a resupply.  My longest carry of any long trail.   Things are closing up at Reds Meadow.   Last weekend for the bus into Mammoth, campground closed.  I got a dry cabin at Reds and a burger!  Enjoyed a dip in the hot spring, a shower, did laundry, and had a tuna melt for dinner.   In the morning I had a great egg breakfast with biscuits and was able to resupply with stuff from the hiker box and other hikers leaving at Reds meadow.   Meet up with Picanti again; he's planning on a fast finish to the rest of the route so I will unlikely see him on trail.   I would have liked to take a zero day but I want to get over the next hard passes before the weather pattern comes in.














No comments:

Post a Comment