Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Sep 12, 2023 - Day 14 on the SHT (Silver Creek and Two Harbors)

Packing up a wet tent and wet trails today.   Several wet river crossing around Silver Creek.  One had some huge boulders to help cross but most were underwater due to the heavy rain.  It looked like a slippery nightmare so I opted for the deeper wet footed crossing.   

First stream crossing.




Second stream crossing:


At Reeves Road Trailhead I hitched a ride into Two Harbors for my second and last resupply.
Stuck out my thumb to hitch the 8 miles and the first car to stop was a cop.  He happily gave me a ride to the grocery store in town.  My first time riding in the "front" seat of the police car.  LoL

I had originally planned to resupply and hitch back to trail.  I had plenty of time.  But having a wet tent, shoes, and gear I had already mentally decided to see if I could get a hotel to shower and recharge.  It is my birthday hike after all.   Having already thought about it; it was hard to just get back on the trail.

I found room at the Viking Motel where I showered and cleaned clothes.  Then, hiker that I am, ended up walking to the Castle Danger Brewery for a beer.  Then through Paul Van Hoven Park and the Ore Docks, Agate Bay Beach, and a walk along the Two Harbors waterfront to the lighthouse and a river walk.  Finally ended up at the Black Woods Grill for dinner.  Bonus 6 miles of walking!














No comments:

Post a Comment